Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Passion Vine, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
    to come on the nation invading us.
 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,  I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Habakkuk 3:16-18


We have a beautiful passion vine that took off in all directions across our chain link fence.  The fence is NOT my favorite part of our home and for the past three years I have lobbied to take it down or replace it with the black iron fence. Meanwhile this purple blooming passion vine planted to celebrate the life of Ben Pace... has taken off winding its way through every part of the fence and profusely blooming.  

The caterpillars are suppose to arrive and much all the leaves gone and then they turn into butterflies and fly off into the new world. It did not happen. The freezes will slowly remove the blooms and eventually this vine will die back for the winter. Maybe next year it will bear blooms again that will attract some caterpillars.   We were hoping to watch a full flock of young butterflies fly off from our back fence. Meanwhile we continue to rejoice in the Lord and all He provides.

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace





No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace