Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Empty Pots, Words of my Heart, giving and receiving by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.
Matthew 12:36


I found this empty pot sitting on the deck caught between shadows and light. It reminds me of how we are living right now... we are all between shadows and light often pulled one way or the other by persuasion from others, or our own ego stepping out to control us.  

Empty thoughts, empty words, empty promises; we all have experienced both the giving and receiving of these. So when I saw the pot sitting there empty it was clear to me it would be another way to clear my mind of the many 'empty' needed thoughts that cloud it up each day.  I need to envision dropping them into this empty pot outside on the deck. Why keep those things laying around complicating  your life?

Throw it to the empty pot and walk away from it.

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace