Monday, November 26, 2012

Getting GLAD, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

But the Egyptians are mere mortals and not God; their horses are flesh and not spirit. When the LORD stretches out his hand, those who help will stumble, those who are helped will fall; all will perish together. Isaiah 31:3


Somewhere in all the psychology courses I took in college for teaching I learned that no one can truly hurt us but ourselves. I am of course referring to the verbal actions not physical actions. 

Our every day experiences occur and how we react to things affects how things appear to us internally. At any time we have the power inside of us to change how things are 'affecting' us.  

Hurt feelings rob us of joy; we can chose not to react or be hurt. My FIL Ben always said, "You can get GLAD just like you got SAD." 

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace