Saturday, November 17, 2012

Attitude Adjustments, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


“He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him that we might confront each other in court. If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.  Job 9:32-34

Sometimes in every marriage there are bumpy roads and words said that can hurt. My mom and dad always told us when we got married never go to bed not speaking.  When teaching I always called it the Attitude Adjustment. I had a sunhat decorated by my students and if someone was having a bad day... they were given the 'attitude adjustment hat'.  With little colorful furry balls handing and swirling around you there was NO way you could not giggle and smile.

Our 'time out' or 'attitude adjustment' place is the family swing (weather permitting) where we can sit in silence or just hold hands, or even speak our heart without worry of retaliation and more hurt. When we speak on the swing... the other person is committed to listen and not respond for at least five minutes.  

We all need to take a 'time out' for an 'attitude adjustment' in life.  Drop all of the complaints and pity parties and look for the good that surrounds you.

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace