Friday, November 9, 2012

Dormant Times, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


“But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.””  Joshua 24:15

This verse seemed appropriate following the elections. I truly try not to focus on the political turmoil our nation is in, and I did not hide the fact I was not pleased with either choice on the ballot this week.  Terry and I stay focused on the Father and pray constantly for the leaders of this nation and the people of our nation as well as the world, our troops and life on this planet. 

What truly amazes me is four years without a budget... what will the next four years bring? This is not fiscal responsibility overall pointed at both parties. We could not run our household on the "rob Peter to pay Paul" mentality.  Social Security has been drained to pay for other things and now medicare is being tinkered with. Our family would be on the street if we were not fiscally responsible.  I truly believe this responsibility starts in the home, the community and spreads to the state and the nation. 

This is one of my last yellow roses as the freezing temperatures have reached us at night and my roses will go dormant. I pray our nation does not go 'dormant' for the next four years.


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace