Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Joy of New, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

The Joy of New...

 A new year. A first for me in years that I do not have that huge list of things to do and change. A first year that weight loss was not primary on the top of the list.  A first year that I did not write out a long list of things to add or change in my life.

WHY?
Because this past year I have gained some insight in dropping much of the worry. I have kept 16 pounds off for full year and I am ready to drop five more. I am getting better at it. I still fail. :^(   But I get back on my knees and realign myself with God.  My prayer for you my friends is to find peace and happiness in this moment.  God's plan is in place.

I had a huge joy at the end of the year last night. We arrived home around nine from eating out with Paul and Victoria for an early night out. The mail box at the street was stuffed with  a box I could not extract. Terry had to get out of the car and manhandle the mail box to release it's contents. We backed up the drive into the garage and whisk everything into the house. As I opened the package my breath drew out and the tears began to fall.

I am not a huge collector of things any more but one of my dearest collections was started by a good friend, sister of my heart, four years ago when she started sending me older Hummel pieces. I have ALWAYS loved them but never indulged in them. (My ancestors are from Germany. My grandmother was the last to come over and my mom was the first generation born here in the states. I am second generation.)  These beautiful pieces have been joyful sightings through out my life, so when my friend started my collection I was in love.  Tonight in my mailbox was a box containing the one almost in the center of the picture...slightly to the right. I cried for ten minutes totally amazed by how this new little piece caught my heart a glow.  These are in a glass case in the den where I see them all the time. I am reminded of her not just with these little ones, but with so much in our home.  Oh yes, this is all 'stuff' but we have parred down in our life to those things that are nearest and dearest to us in making our life simpler.   I posted once earlier in my blogs of my 'sisters' that sits by my kitchen window from another dear friend... and two paintings by another dear art friend (Linda McCoy) that are on the wall in my breakfast room... along with pieces from Diane Whitehead, Toni Grote and a few others.   God's blessings in love surround me not just in nature outside my window but in some tokens and treasures shared by my earthly friends.

Happy New Year.  May you find your treasures in this moment right where you are.
Laurie

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace