Friday, January 20, 2012

Relationships, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Relationships

Terry is always leery when I turn off his television at night and want to talk. Immediately he feels he has done something wrong.  How did we get here? Does not seem like a healthy reaction, especially when I am not frowning. I have known him for 48 years of my life. I know him pretty well.

How can you improve your current relationship?  I know as we talked last night I literally prayed before responding to some touchy things we were discussing.

 I stayed quiet and sought oneness with the Father before replying. I did not want to speak out of emotions and not from my heart. Our lives have been up side down since he retired in April 2010. We need to get back on the same page and I was ready to talk about it. Praying as we spoke kept me from over reacting to some of his responses.

The impact of this spiritual security brought about a change in him as we talked and I could visible see him sigh and relax. He was still hesitant speaking of painful things but it was something that had to be done.

It is so easy to lose sight of God in our relationship.  Staying aligned with Him helps each of us stay aligned in our relationships with others. Knowing God is with you provides a sense of security and joy. Divine love nurtures all of us. Divine love will bless every relationship in your life.

Words of my heart, Laurie

"I want their hearts to be encouraged and united in love." Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace