Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our Highest Good, Our Inheritance, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist, Laurie Pace

Our Highest Good... Our Inheritance

When we are born we have already begun 'inheriting' things...such as our DNA from our parents.  Red hair, green eyes, long legs and spunky attitudes. By age two we continue to inherit things, like mannerisms and toys handed down from older siblings. Things continue to pile up as we inherit more through the years. These things are not for our highest good.

As hard as we look ... we never truly see everything we 'inherit' or recognize if it is truly 'good' for us. 

As a child of God I never doubt His kingdom is my inheritance. It is who I am. It is who I became as my parents set the example in our lives. At times I am definitely not worthy of this great gift. I fail and sin by thought, word and deed.   It is only through God's grace that I find my way back to this truth.  Home is not just where I lived and grew here on earth, home is where He is and where I am bound. His love keeps me safe and leads me there.

In this New Year I challenge you to stay on the path to His higher good.  Allow His love to shine in your life, your words and your actions. He will show you the way if you are waiting and watching and listening. When you falter, He will be there for you guiding you with the light. 

Words of my Heart,
Laurie 

"I commend you to God and to the message of his grace." Acts 20:32

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace