Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Prayer for Gentleness, Words of my Heart by a Texas Artist Laurie Pace

My Prayer this week for Gentleness

For some reason for the second time this week I have been stirred in my morning petitions and prayers to the single word of gentleness.

Reflecting on the word brought to mind when Jesus met the woman of Samaria and asked her about her husband...and she immediately changed the subject to worship. Jesus did not press her on the true issue of her past, but allowed her to sway the conversation to her comfort zone and he reached out to answer that of what she asked him.
Gentle people will always be cautious of the feelings of others and not probe into unspoken areas. A gentle person seeks to offer comfort and protect others from being "exposed" and condemned. We seem to be forthright society now days in it to always grab what is best for ME and we often lose sight of need to be gentle in our heart and actions.

Words of my Heart,
Laurie

"Learn from Me, for I am gentle and  humble in heart."  Matthew 11:29



No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace