Monday, January 9, 2012

Grumpy Day? Words of my heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

A Grumpy Day? I don't think so.

Well yesterday was overcast and dark...with thick fog and altho the day started out good, by early afternoon I was tired and ready to nap. Terry was in a really grumpy mood as he has an injured back.

Despite the mood and the back, we took down the Christmas tree and dismantled the decorations on the fireplace mantel and put away the stockings. That alone was a mood setter for sure.  Then came the realization that there are always choices to make new things happen in our lives... my life is under God's authority, not the dark clouds outside.  

Choosing peace and prayer I retreated to my studio to work on a painting.  With that peace came a freshness to my work and the light seemed brighter despite the thick fog. The power of the indwelling spirit is strong if we open our hearts to Him.

Stacey sent this adorable picture of our Grand-dogs sleeping side by side. They have two kennels but they prefer to nap touching closely. That warmed me more with a wide smile.

Choose Peace by faith. Know you have support from Him and your earthly family and friends. The essence of life is God within. Let this year begin with the amazing power of a new start in your life.

Words of my heart,
Laurie

 "Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying"Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border..." and God graned what he asked. 1 Chronicles 4:10

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace