Monday, December 19, 2011

With Sounding Horns, Clashing Cymbals and Beating Drums, Words of my heart, A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

With Sounding Horns... and Clashing Cymbals and Beating Drums.


No small town is with out a Christmas Parade and these were shots from ours.  The high school band marching by and playing their hearts out with sounds filled with love and heart.  They had marched four blocks up hill by the time I snapped these shots.

What would you feel like by this time? Four city blocks up hill marching in line blowing a horn? It was really cold and windy that day.  I would say this young woman was prepared.  Countless days of marching band in 116 degree heat; game after game on a Friday night during football season performing on the field.  She and the others could march those four blocks up hill blowing and playing every step of the way.



They are ringing in the joy of the season and sharing their enthusiasm... after four blocks uphill blowing a horn. Just amazes me.  I laugh because my own daughter phoned yesterday entirely pooped out and exclaiming she may not be ready for Christmas with all the gift wrapping.  I gently reminded her to refocus on the season for what it is to be in our hearts. That does not require the marathon of shopping and wrapping... just preparing, praying and knowing all will fall into place. No worry. No four blocks up hill. In fact it is down hill all the way.... Let go of all worries and concerns.

Words of my heart and the joy of the Christmas Spirit...Laurie

I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.--John 15:11


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace