Hurry to Bethlehem ... wait, is your heart open?
We are all in a hurry... it is the 23rd of December. What direction are you going and what is your hurry?
Are you making a list?
1. We don't want to be left behind. Quick before they sell out.
2. We don't want to forget a gift for Aunt Mary.
3. We don't want to forget the cinnamon for the pumpkin pie.
4. We don't want to forget the candies for the stockings....or the fresh fruit. Hey, don't forget the nuts either. Mom always put nuts in our stockings.
5. Hurry, we must get it all done so we can rush into Christmas and then hurry to pick up the trash from the gift wrap... ah yes, don't forget trash bags.
6. Mark the days off the calendar. Make sure you put a huge happy face on the 26th... everyone will be gone and you get your house back.
7. Oh yeah... make sure you buy the egg nog.... you can have it with the leftovers when every one is gone.
Prepare your heart for Him. He is not going anywhere after the 26th. He is there ALWAYS.
I think I am going to order these as gifts for next year... given at birthday time for all my daughters. We are the heartbeat of our families. We set the pace, pardon the pun...for the heartbeat of our households. Available on Amazon... highly rated as well!
"Prepare Your Heart for a Great Christmas isn't for those who aspire to be Martha Stewart or Mother Teresa, but for all women who fall somewhere in between! Readers will discover: peace throughout the busy days, gratitude for the blessings of life, joy in rediscovering the anticipation of Christmas, and insights to carry the spirit of Christmas into the New Year."
Maria Rodgers O'Rourke is the author.
CLICK HERE to visit the Author's site and buy the book.
Words of my heart,
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
This video also from 2009 is the next reading in the Christmas story. Again messy studio at our old house, but lots of love in my heart.
Post a Comment