Saturday, December 17, 2011

Life - Round and Round it Goes, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Life - Round and Round it Goes

Why do we get so mesmerized by trains under the tree going round and round?  Adults and children alike will sit for an hour watching the shiny engine pull its line of cars around the oval track.

This is Terry's favorite train purchased when our 14 year old grandson was only 4...so ten years ago.

I wrote earlier that it took awhile trying to get the track together and how excited he was to hook it up. But he forgot to hook in the noise part. Our train has noise.  I am hoping he will still hook it up, but if he doesn't,  I love it just as much with out the noise.

What is the enticement of the train? I get the enticement of the tree, the lights, the ornaments and the keeping it in your heart year round.

 Googleing around I found this wonderful article from the Detroit news.  THE TOY TRAIN THAT RULES CHRISTMAS by Vivian Baulch written back in 2001. Ten years ago. The same time we bought our train for Jonathan. 

We all watch the Red Ryder BB gun movie each holiday season... but the trains took over as the top gift for little boys.  It is a really good read if you want to check it out.

Seems like the generational past of the holidays are vastly inflated by the teasing media to shop till you drop. The 'noise ' is important to them. Cha Ching.

Our lives are like that Lionel train... we go around the track with our lives.  Where is your life going right now?

Words of my heart, Laurie

“[Mary’s Song] And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name.” Luke 1:46-47, 49 NIV






No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace