Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gathering, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Gathering from the Greek word espepisunagoge.


The Greek word espepisunagoge actually means "gathering together" or "a get together".

When I think of advent, immediately comes the gathering of family and friends in celebration of the coming birth of Jesus; a gathering with God for the celebration of the birth of Christ.

As we make each day in the last week of advent, think of things you need to gather close in heart to be in light with Him.  Prayer is at the top of my list. Prayer is a wonderful 'gathering' time.

Another would be the gathering every morning and evening lighting the advent candle for the day. A gathering of spirit and love in anticipation.

A third might be a gathering at meals, again to glorify Him and the treasures of this season.

Another will be Christmas Eve as we gather at services around the world in remembrance and  honor for the story and birth of Jesus.  A gathering in song, in music, in words, in actions and in deeds.

The Lord gathers us close to Him.

Words of my heart,
Laurie

“And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven” Luke 1:76-78 NIV


This video is a reading I did for my blog in 2009.  From my heart to yours... from my very messy studio at the old house in Dallas. Remember this is the time of year I am constantly shipping things out at the last minute!

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace