Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Simplity in Soup and Salad Words from my heart, A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Simplicity in Soup and Salad

Well I got on the scale. I was really scared after the food we inhaled over the holidays. I did not eat that much more, but I tasted more sweet things that I have had in the past year. I need to wean back off the sweets.

Terry asked me to go out for specialty pizza and I jumped on the scale and jumped off and said, Not until I am back down the three pounds I had obviously gained.

Soup and Salad. Keep it simple sweetie. 

Oh how I wish I could keep my life that simple right now. Tax time to close out accounts and gather receipts. 

The gathering word crops up again.  We seem to be good at gathering STUFF. We are good at gathering belongings. We are good at gathering too much food at the table. We are good at gathering to much responsibility. We are good at gathering problems. We are good at gathering in general. 

Time to FORGET all of that gathering.  Gather in prayer with the Lord. Gather in prayer with your friends. Gathering in circles of love to pray for others. Gather in work that serves others, not serving yourself.  How hard is it to put self last? Last from belongings. Last from tv. Last from food. Last from more responsibilities. Last from self?

Put Him first and NOTHING else has to be...just wait upon the Lord.  He will provide direction. He will provide for your needs. Keep your life simple... and He will provide simple abundance.

Words of my heart,
Laurie

“Of David. Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—” Psalm 103:1-2 NIV


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace