Monday, October 10, 2011

Signs, We must wait upon the Lord, Words of the Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Signs


I watched the radar yesterday.  I watched on the computer and on my phone when we went into town.





Rain was predicted and Dallas had been blessed with 18 hours of solid rain.

Not much was on the screen to our disappointment.









 The ground is dry and much has died around us.

I gave up watching the computer scene hearing my grandmother's voice echoing in my head,
"A watched pot never boils". 

And my Mother's voice in my head,
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight." from Proverbs.



So Terry began watering our plants by hand trying to keep some colors blooming around the immediate perimeter of the house.

Tenderly he cares for each plant soaking it thoroughly.

The clouds were gathering as we finished filling the bird
feeders with seed.  We hurried to put things away but even an hour later there was no sign of rain.


Finally at ten last night we walked the dogs outside to discover rain.

It rained through the night and this morning we woke to a happy world, drenched in wet golden sun rays,

shimmering puddles of water and the rain water gauge at an eighth of an inch of rain.

Signs mean little... we must wait upon the Lord.

Words from my Heart, Laurie

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace