Saturday, March 10, 2012

Through Eyes of Grace Possessed, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


I wrote a short verse of the stone earlier this week. Pastor Jack wanted more...and this is what come from his gently prodding.  God seems to prod us in the same manner.... Thank you Jack for believing.


Grace Possessed

Weeping tears wash dust from rock but not from hearts of gray
Silent thoughts scream with echoes of memories past, blocking light of day
As mounting high out of reach piling beyond the limits of my mind.
Can I climb the pile to the highest point to see what I might find?

Only through the giving of His grace can I clean my heart of hurt.
Only then will I see through grace the cleansing of the dirt.
A single stone to remind me of the light that falls across my face
A single stone to hold that promise of His grace.

No matter what the past has brought to life before this coming day
Releasing pain that builds inside my soul will be the only way
To withstand the elements of life and the storms of times to be
I lift my hands with open heart for His grace to come to me.

Oh rock of grace, beneath me stand to open heart and reaching hands.
To grasp the truth beyond the turn and see a soul begin to learn
The magnitudes of grace both far and near avoid the pain that comes from fear.
The pain of trust misplaced, or things un-seemed, to find through Him all things redeemed.

Redeemed through blood… His light I face… compassion now I must embrace
Sealed through Spirit and fully blessed, now I live through eyes of grace possessed.

L Pace 
March 5th 2012  In Memory of Benjamin Franklin Pace on the anniversary of his birthday  1926-2010


Words of my heart, Laurie

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4



1 comment:

Grammie Jan said...

Sis, that is so beautiful! So talented are you.
Love you ,
Jan

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace