Monday, March 5, 2012

Stones of the Heart, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace



Stones of the Heart

Weeping tears 
wash the dirt from rock
but not from my heart.

Silent thoughts scream
with echoes of memories past
piling beyond the limits of 
my mind.

Can I climb the pile to the
highest point to
see through eyes of grace?



Only through the giving of grace
can I clean my 
heart of hurt.

This morning he gave me a single stone
To always remind me 
The rock of grace withstands
The elements of life.  lpace


Thank you  for my 'rock' Pastor Jack Wallace, First United Methodist Church, Mount Vernon, Texas.

Jack had a large basket of stones for each member to take one before entering the sanctuary.  Being the hard core artist, I had to hand select and try out each 'rock' before I chose the one I wanted... I called it my "Worry Stone" because somewhere in my past an older relative told me to carry a worry stone in my pocket and every time I began to worry, to take the stone out and begin rubbing it with my thumb.   

So I took my hand selected stone into the service where again life changing things always seem to happen. 

When I left later,  this was now my Rock of Grace.  

Words of my heart, Laurie

"Peter replied, 'Man, I don't know what you're talking about!" Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed.  The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter.  Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times."  Luke 22: 60-61

Pastor Jack reminded us that the Lord turned and looked straight at Peter through the eyes of grace.


Read more: http://lauriepace.blogspot.com/#ixzz1oFy4D5eL

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace