Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Temptations and Traps, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Something that seems to be at me daily is trying to stay out of the trap of eating from stress. Having lost close to 20 pounds last year and staying at the lower weight for over a year now, I really am ready to lose the last ten pounds.


I seem to forget again that my body is a gift and it houses my spirit and soul for this earthly journey. My bad habits and temptations from life are always pulling on me. Somehow it bothers me at night when I climb into bed and think about the day and groan... and then in prayer in the morning KNOWING what I need to do. 


Then stress will hit from somewhere during the day and I am searching out the almonds. We do not keep anything bad snack wise here at all, but too many almonds in one day can do some damage. I need to listen to my inner voice to walk away from that stress and not be motivated to seek food as solace. 


This is a retraining again of saying NO to the traps that are there. Finding strength and reminding myself I am not hungry.  This is where the vision of healthy and whole must come to play and a prayer of gratitude to God for helping me reteach my body how to respond to this chaotic life. I am open to receiving grace for this. I am open to healing and wholeness.


Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


"Peace, peace, to the far and the near, says the Lord; and I will heal them." Isaiah 57:19

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace