Saturday, May 19, 2012

Home is Where your Heart Is... words of my heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



Home is where your heart is. 


I have moved more than most people in the military. Not quite sure why, but with my gaining years the insight into the whys are now spelled out clearly. 


Ducks are at home where every they land... God provides.
As children we associate 'safety' with home. When Lady L has a fall or injury and she is not home, her bottom lip trembles and she says, "Go home N O W." Her need to be safe is wrapped up in the physical presence of home. 


Most people are that way. We have this protected feeling of being safe at 'home'. Some people do not. When faced with mental, physical or sexual abuse from 'home'... it becomes a negative place.  Feelings of wanting what you see everyone else having triggers the 'search' for you for "home".  You simply want a place to feel safe and welcomed.


Home is where the heart is. If your heart is centered on God, you are 'safe' and you are 'home.'  There is no place in this entire world that can bring 'safe home' to you. Home is something you bring to a place.


No matter where you are, be at home with who you are. Be open and welcoming to people and they in turn will open their hearts and lives to welcome you. 


Welcome Him into your heart...and you are home.


Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


"But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain." Psalm 3:3-4

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace