Sunday, May 13, 2012

Protected by the Father, as Taught by the Mother... words of my heart, A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Protected by the Father… closing my eyes at night I know I am protected by the Father. From early years the prayer taught was:

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Mothers Day 1976
 Looking back on it now with full understanding of what the words mean, it is powerful. Mother taught us that prayer along with German prayers she said as a child. (this is not the exact German prayer I learned.)

Müde bin ich, geh zu Ruh, schliesse beide Äuglein zu. Vater, lass die Augen dein, über meinem Bette sein. Hab ich Unrecht Heut getan, sieh es lieber Gott nicht an. Aber Christi Gnad und Jesu Blut, machen allen Schaden gut. Amen.

Mothers Day 2011



Our parents brought us up in a home filled with God’s presence. The praying of morning and evening prayers has stayed with me my entire life.  My Mother taught us early in life that our strength came from God and our prayers are directed to Him.

 She knew she and dad would not always be with us to protect us, but God could and He would.  She taught us to affirm the truth that the Father always goes before us preparing the way. We can follow Him in confidence and know we live in His presence and protection.

Thank you Mom for empowering us for this life’s journey. Happy Mother’s Day. 

I love you.

Proverbs 31:2  “Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her.”

Words of my heart, Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace



Translation of German Prayer:
I'm tired, go to rest, close my eyes to both.
Father, let your eyes, be on my bed.
Have I done wrong Today, God does not see it better.
But Christ's grace and Jesus' blood, make good any damage. Amen.

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace