Friday, May 25, 2012

Second Day of Joy, 100 Days of Joys and Psalms, Words of my heart by a Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Last night was a struggle after Terry turned out the light. It was eleven and we were both pretty tired from our day. Suddenly the squirrels broke loose in my head and sleep evaded me.  It was not just one squirrel and one scenario, there were at least 7 or 8 squirrels are vying for my attention. It was like a roller coaster ride and I was trying to hang on.


After talking to myself about 'getting it together' and 'putting these things away'... I was still laying there picking up the left over trash from the squirrels. No mind over matter was working, so I rolled over and quietly picked up my prayer beads next to the bed. 



I am not Catholic, so these are Anglican Prayer beads that I use in my own way.  Usually praying my way around the 33 beads and the cross, I fall asleep before the end, but last night I went around one full time doing my prayers and began the prayerful second trip praying for each person on my prayer list. As I was coming to the end of my supplications the peace that filled me was amazing.  I slid the beads under my pillow and fell into a restful sleep. 
It was Aunt Jo Pace Holley that shared with Terry and I, when we married years ago, on sleepless nights to pray for others. When you are concentrating on others, your "neediness" fades away.


He is the Provider, the Comforter, the Healer.  He is whatever we each need at any moment in the day. He is my Joy.


Thank you Aunt Jo.  Your Joy continues in our lives. *


"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. " Psalm 5:3

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

*  Jo Holley died many years ago.  She was a believer that touched and changed many lives in her close to 88 years on this earth.  She only lied one time that we know of and that was when she got her 'hairdresser license' at age 15. She was suppose to be 16.  She was featured many times in her last years because she was still doing hair for her clients. She would drive to their house and pick them up and bring them back to her salon on Grand Ave in Dallas. She would minister to them in so many ways before returning them to home.  She was the oldest practicing hairdresser with the most years in service of anyone known in the USA. David Letterman tried to convince her to do his show and she refused on moral issues.  She did her trade for 75 years serving and giving of herself daily.  She kept a log prayer book next to her bed where she would put a date, a name, a prayer request and every day twice a day she went through her list praying for others. When a prayer was answered, she dated it answered.  It was amazing to see God's trail of love and perfect joys as all prayers were answered in His time

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace