Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Seventh Day of Psalms, Secure in Him, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


When you ride in the car, the seat belt is a safety tool that brings a certain amount of security to you in being safe in the car when you are traveling.   On our riding lawnmower there is a safety feature of the engine cutting off if there is no weight on the seat.  So if you were to run yourself into a tree branch hanging down, or just fall off from turning to sharply, the riding mower will stop immediately. You can be secure knowing you won't be run over by your own lawnmower.    



What do we have in life that bring us security? Seat belts and trick lawnmowers, or even guns and force fields cannot bring you true security.  God is our only true security against all attacks or failures.  We are constantly threatened by job loss, personal conflicts, physical and sexual abuse, etc.   If our security is based on our circumstances,  people in our lives, our accumulated 'toys', or other earthly things, we are not very secure. 


Our only security is in God and God alone.


Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; 
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance. 
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; 
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 16:5-8

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace