Thursday, May 24, 2012

100 Days of Joy Words of my Heart, A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


May 24, 2012

100 days of Joy

Right now in my painting life I am painting 100 Horses for 100 Days of Summer.  I am also reading Psalms right now and that inspired the intent to use Psalms for the next 100 days as well. I did use Psalm 8 earlier this week, so today we will go to thinking about joy and what it is. Psalms are full of joy.

What is the difference between Joy and Happiness?  My interpretation would be that you can experience joy and happiness at the same time, but happiness seems to be built around materialistic things or events in our life.  Joy is something for me that goes deeply into the fabric of my soul and my heart.  Joy comes from God.   Through the book of Psalms David turns his heart open to God during times of crisis and was rewarded with finding joy.

What would that be like in your own life if you could be in crisis, turn to the Father and from that prayer time, come out joyful and at peace?

So for 100 days I will celebrate the joys that come through life, some through pain and some through love.

My first is my first, my oldest grandson Grant Thomas.  We only had him in our lives for a short time before he was taken to return to the Father at age 11. Grant was a special needs child slightly autistic but openly loving. So many autistic children do not connect emotionally, but Grant did. For the short eleven years he spent on this earth, he touched so many lives in so many positive ways.



Not a day goes by that we all do not feel blessed by this young child's short life. He was the pure energy and joy of God.

Words of the heart, Laurie
Artist of Texas, Laurie Pace

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take 
or sit in the company of mockers, 

but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, 
and who meditates on his law day and night. 
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, 
which yields its fruit in season 
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:1-3

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace