Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where do you rest? Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Where do you rest?


We were up at three this morning.  Terry's tummy was not smiling.  When I dropped peppermint oil on his tummy and turned on his heating pad, he was swiftly snoring away.


I laid there and rearranged pillows trying to get comfortable after being awakened so abruptly. I kept those squirrels in my head at bay... and my mind begin to lay things at the cross again. Anything that trickled into my head trying to steal my peace was purposely left at the foot of that cross.


Suddenly a mantra popped in my head and I was repeating it to myself to remember to use it in my blog... and I must have fallen asleep to the sound,


"Lay it at the foot of the cross, Giving it up is not a loss.
Jesus will bear the pain; safe in God's arms you will remain." LPace


Each of us has our way of finding rest. At times we struggle.  Until we can release ourselves from the struggle we remain in circular motion unable to find rest.

Rest in Him this day.

Words of my heart, Laurie

"He makes me lie down in green pastures;..he restores my soul." Psalm 23:2, 3

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace