Monday, April 2, 2012

Jack's Red Carpet, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Jack's Red Carpet

It is such a joy to attend our church with Paster Jack (my Episcopal background has to cause me to retype every time.. Father Jack comes out faster).  He has taken this season of Lent and truly led us through an emotional growing period tying together highs and lows,  suffering and grace, life and death.... unconditional love,  bringing our lives to the cross and taking us through painful back memories to help us learn the grace of forgiveness. 



Yesterday it was about the 'red carpet' treatment.  As he spoke of his 'red carpet' walk as he retired from the Navy...it sent me off thinking about red carpet moments in our own lives. He went on visiting the carpet of palms, clothes and flowers thrown before Jesus as we entered Jerusalem. 


What or who would you throw out a red carpet to welcome into your life or your home? When you are expecting company you make sure the house is sparkling clean and the bathrooms ready and neat... the best tablecloth and flowers on the table... the 'red carpet' treatment for your company.  How can you do this with your life and your daily actions?


Time to clean out your heart and your life from the excess waste and baggage. Time for you to lay it at the foot of the cross. Time to polish up and make ready in 'red carpet' treatment for welcoming the Lord into your life every single day.


He is most holy. He is most honored. He is King of Kings. Is your red carpet laid out? Is your life cleared of clutter and chaos so you can honor Him into your midst? He will take your burdens and your worries. He will wash you of your sins and look to you through His eyes of grace. Are you ready?


Jack, if you are reading this, how hard will it be to stay in this wonderful place? This is four weeks now... I welcome each day with prayers of thanksgiving and the giving to God they day ahead.  I no longer allow anger and problems to clutter my mind. I do not try to 'order' my days... I give this all to Him each day. The joy that I have found is indescribable. He knows what will be this day and He walks it with me. I do not have to worry about it!  Can I have this grace always? Why has it taken so long to find it?


It is tough keeping the ego or self back and out of the way.... but it can be done and when you experience you do not want to go back to your old ways.


Words of my Heart,
Laurie

"They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting,
   “Hosanna![a]
   “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”[b]
   “Blessed is the king of Israel!”  John 12:13

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace