Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Pit... Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Pit of your Stomach

They say the 'pit of your stomach' is where fear or nervousness strikes first.
Fear seems to be the thing that holds us back from enjoying our life or trying new things. Fear keeps some of us on the run.

Terry has always said fear controls nations. Fear controls people in masses. 
Post Game Mayhem Kentucky
Let's face it, fear controls individuals daily. We empower others to control us through fear. Authority and fear tend to run hand in hand. Mob scenes breed fear and frantic actions.

Someone once said, "Wars are fueled through peoples' fears and are ended through peoples' understanding." I have also heard that fear will eventually turn to anger and from anger will come a need to make things right.  

Think about this... fear knots up that pit of your stomach, but does not extreme happiness and joy hit the same area but triggered by a positive emotion?

If that is true, can we not use love instead of anger? Can we not use our faith and God to stay in sync with reality?   

Breathing is always recommended, slow steady inhaling and exhaling, but try it with a vision in front of you.  Think of a broken dying tree, decaying and ready to fall over. (Feel that pit in your stomach just from my description? Eyebrows knitted?) 



SUDDENLY there are tiny leaf buds beginning to unfurl from the knotted dark branches and as the leaves open and unfurl the tree begins to straighten in the wind. A full green canopy erupts around the tree and immediately birds are flying between the branches singing. 


It's not Walt Disney... it's God at work.  He takes the worst and brings out the best.  He does it with all of us each day.  For me my days were filled with worry and baseline fears about deadlines, extended family problems, finances... you name it.  But this Lenten season has opened my heart in new ways of seeing life each day. I accept there will be darkness ahead. I accept there will be negative things happening. I accept that God is there to keep me balanced. If I keep Him centered in me, fear cannot take over.


Words of my heart, Laurie

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

2 Timothy 1:7

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace