Friday, February 3, 2012

Sharing the Gifts, climbing OUT of the Box, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Sharing the gifts...

On Monday night I attended a Girl Scout meeting. I had not been to one of those since I was Stacey's girl scout leader many years ago.

It was my honor to work with these  incredible young scouts with a project and a sharing of my work and history.  With me came paints, canvas, brushes and a story about a box.

We talked about doing things backwards.
We talked about closing ourselves into a box and how we could not see anything altho we could still hear things.
We talked about gifts from God.
We talked about donuts and donut holes. (Positive and negative space)


Main idea was to paint the canvas with lots of color...and while it was drying I told them about myself and my art.  Then we came back to the semi dry canvas with color.  We blocked out the table background and then blocked out the vase and area for flowers. It was successful because they all had fun. Pretty sure at least 75% of them 'got it'.

Enjoy the side show... and don't forget to share your gifts.

Words of my heart, Laurie

Realize you have to climb out of your box... you cannot possibly know what God has for you if you are stuck living in your box.

"But it is as scripture says: What no eye has seen and no ear has heard, what the mind of man cannot visualize; all that God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace