Friday, February 10, 2012

Healing, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Healing

We all become wounded warriors in life. Life happens and it is not always pretty and joyful emotionally or physically.   Only the power of Christ can bring healing and perfection back to us.  We cannot allow our wounds to define who we are.

Healing is a conscious process.  We have to believe in our own wholeness and completeness with God.  We must rid ourselves of negative thoughts that drain our energy.  We have to learn to be acceptive of ourselves as God created us.

This song means much to my mom.  She had mentioned it several times over the past month. She and I have performed it, but I was always backup and harmonizer not the main singer. My mom has a gift with her voice.  I am more of the camp side singer with the girl scouts or with the church youth group. Not a performer.
This song is a Christian Folk Song by Marsha Stevens. I did not have the music only the memory and the words... so it may not be as she performed it.  I have not played my guitar in almost a year, so sore fingers and via my laptop with limited video abilities....


On this special day in my mom's life, I want to sing this for her and let her know how much Terry and I love her.   Healing is happening right now... Jesus said "Come to the water, stand by my side...I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied...I felt every tear drop when in darkness you cried, and I strove to remind you, That for those tears I died."

Words of my Heart, Laurie

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace