Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Heart of it All, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

The Heart of it All

"We are  committed to caring for individuals touched by life limiting illnesses, grief and loss. Our hope for our patients and families is that as we apply our training, experiences and compassion, we are able to relieve their physical, emotional and spiritual pain.  Our patients and families have the assurance that they are being served by one of the oldest and most respected hospice programs in Northeast Texas."   Cypress Basin Hospice

Last night we attended the annual charity hospice ball for the second year.  Mark Scirto was the emcee again this year and he is quite a special person. Good food, good friends, good dancing, good auctions and a good cause.

 The time we have between this life and the next I like to think of preparation to the day of continuation. Hospice walks with families through out this entire journey.

Many people do not realize Hospice serves more than the last few months or days before death. Hospice is available to families from early on.   They set up weekly visits to monitor patients and as the decline sets in, Hospice ups their services to provide all the needed things to make the situation both livable and comfortable right to the end. No suffering is needed. Pain does not have to be part of this transition. Hospice meets the needs for the patient as well as the family. 

Hospice has played a part in our lives often, with Terry's brother, his mom, his dad and now with my dad. I encourage you all to donate and give to your local hospice knowing you gift a peace to many families.

Words of my heart, Laurie


"For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD. He sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said: I love you, LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” Psalm 18:1-2 NIV

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace