Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Guidance to Give, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Guidance to Give

Is it intuition or insight? Is it a feeling or is it knowledge?  How do we know when to take action in our lives and how do we know it is the right action?




With all the complicated thoughts racing through our heads, it seems impossible to let them go to clear out the clutter and let God's presence into your mind.  To be free of doubt or fear and to act in faith requires inspired direction from Him. And how are you inspired as we enter into the Lenten season?

 

Think not only of what to give up for Lent, but what to add for Lent.

1. Give up smoking      Get better health
2. Give up sweets         Get better health
3. Give up television    Get better relationships

OR

1. Add exercise      Get better health
2. Add more prayer time    Get more peace and balance in your life
3. Add more bible reading    Get a fuller life

Take it one step further... what can you give up or add that benefits others and not just yourself?

1. Reach out and help one person each day with a chore they face.
2. Take a meal each day to someone that might benefit from it.
3.  Pray for those that have harmed you and forgive them.

It is a win win situation... giving up to gain, adding to gain, and doing for others. Why not do it all? Jesus gave his life for all of us. What can we give in return to serve others in His name?


Words of my heart, Laurie

"Remember this, and take courage. Recall your rebellious acts. Remember the first events, because I am God, and there is no other, I am God, and there’s no one like me. From the beginning I revealed the end.  From long ago I told you things that had not yet happened, saying, “My plan will stand, and I’ll do everything I intended to do.” Isaiah 46:8-10

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace