Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kinesthetically Speaking Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Kinesthetically Speaking

Wikipedia Kinesthetic learning is a learning style in which learning takes place by the student actually carrying out a physical activity, rather than listening to a lecture or merely watching a demonstration. It is also referred to as tactile learning. People with a kinesthetic learning style are also commonly known as do-ers.


I come from a teaching background and this word has been apart of me a long time. Every student has a different learning style. While they may all overlap, they are still distinctive to them.  As Terry always says... it depends on what motivates them.  Every one of us is motivated differently.


I have always been one of 'THOSE' people that can walk into a room and immediately feel the atmosphere or 'mood' of the room down to individual people.  One glance into their eyes or watching their hand motions tells me volumes.  I am often swayed by the emotions as they seem to wash through me. 


It comes from being a do-er... everything is tactile or hands on.  I watch tutorials for the new CFAI website, but I do not 'own' the material until I do it myself. I cannot in the same sense understand people unless my emotions can associate and feel their joy or pain. 


We are all connected by the threads of the Spirit that weaves us together as children of the Father. "We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord."  We have to have that same sense of connection of kinesthetically being hands on with God. That brings the harmony to our lives and to the lives of those around us.   While we all have outer differences as well as habitual differences, our hearts beat the same; our feelings get hurt just the same; we get too proud just the same; we love just the same and we hold grudges just the same.  Yet we are still bound by that same beating of the heart, the same need of our humanly  condition to be loved by someone during our life and the need to feel needed. We are truly one in the Spirit with God and this Spirit transcends any differences we come up with.


Words of my heart, Laurie


"You are standing firm in one spirit, striving side by side with one mind" Philippians 1:27

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace