Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Palm Tree in Snow, Words of my heart, Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ Exodus 33:1

I worried about the palm tree when I saw it weighted with the snow this month.  Why someone had planted it on this hillside has always been a puzzle to me.  I know in Dallas people will plant them by their pools to have that tropical feeling, but why on a pond in the country next to the lake filled with fisherman and boaters?

In the 'tale' of this home and land, one of the owners felt moved to plant this palm tree, so Terry and I have nurtured it through the droughts and snows. Terry went and gently knocked the snow off the long leaves and slowly it regained it shape.

We need to be 'planted' in the right place and we need the nurturing of those around us to be the best we can be.  

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace