Monday, September 10, 2012

Orchid in Bloom, God is at work, Words of my heart, Texas Artist Laurie Pace

     © G. O. D.  Laurie Justus Pace                                                          Graphics One Design 1998-2012



“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways,” 
declares the Lord. 
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways 
and my thoughts than your thoughts. " Isaiah 55:8-9




A second type of flower I grew up around was an orchid.  Admittedly I am not prepared to parent an orchid, but Mom gave me one at Easter and it is still blooming six months later.  My thoughts originally were more like, "I cannot do this, I will kill it!"  but it seems my Mother knew best and had more faith in me than I did. 

I am still confused at what to do with the stalk and will have to read up on things. This little one seems to love the window it lives in. This is the latest bloom. When it arrived there was a cluster of three flowers and they stayed almost three months. As they began to die off, this new bloom was born.  

Mom has provided the orchid in some special type container that basically keeps me from overwatering it I think.  Every morning when I arrive in the kitchen from the night, I take the left over water in my glass and water my orchid and my violets. 

His ways are indeed higher than our ways. His thoughts are far from our thoughts... our thoughts are buried in the life we struggle to live keeping up with extras we bring into our lives. God is never at the front of those thoughts.

I feel blessed to know my Father is on the job... and I remind myself daily of the many blessings and things I have to be thankful for.


Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace