Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mr and Mrs Honey Bunny, Nicknames of the heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

© G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace                                          Graphics One Design 1998-2012

The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”  Genesis 2:23

Nicknames seem to be bestowed on us at any early age. My earliest recollection was the name Laurie Boo given to me by my Aunt Marie.  Sometimes it was shortened to just 'Boo'.  Not entirely sure why this was given to me, but I was honored to have it nonetheless.   Here almost sixty years later, my granddaughter is sometimes referred to as 'Boo' by her own mother. She was not really aware of my early life nickname but it tickled me pink (Lady L favorite color) to her her called Boo.  

My Dad used to say call me what you want but make sure you call me for dinner.  I can smile just hearing that from years past.   Our earthly fathers are given many nicknames... Dad, Daddy, Father, Papa, Pop, ... and I am sure he had many nicknames for me that I might not have known!  

Terry calls me the 'honorable mrs honey bunny' and I call him mr honey bunny of course. We have other nicknames too but this one has stuck to the point I have picked up a few reminders.

God knows who we are. He needs no reminders. 
He needs no nick names or names. I am His daughter. 
He is my Heavenly Father.  

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace