Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sweet Spirit is falling... Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Church is always good with Jack on Sundays.  I need to give you links to his sermons on the FUMC site. This past Sunday's sermon will not be up until midweek, but it is good. Click here for the link.


Jack entitled his sermon 'Who me?' and as always everything he shares sends my brain off into several directions and Terry has to endure the journey as I think things out and research and dig deeper for my own thoughts inspired by others.  So today I am focusing on the "Sweet Spirit fall upon us." The Joy of this happening...
January in Texas 2011
My Mother always used the phrase, "when the Spirit moves me." It must be close because if the Sweet Spirit falls upon you.. you are going to be motivated or directed to go into action of some sort. It can be a quiet 'falling' like the soft snow in early winter, or it could be like the Texas spring hail storm... with a bit more force in the delivery and a defined fall out. 

It just might depend on how well you are listening or communicating and how hard God has to get your attention. 

April in Texas 2011

Often when it happens in the Texas storm route, it is more like, "Why me?"  Warning is to stop what you are doing and listen to the Father. He has something for you and you are too busy to see it in front of you. We never want to do things that are not on our agenda... and it seems to fall back to 'when the spirit moves me.' 


Open your heart and your life back to serving in His name. Listen to what God is telling your heart. Listen to that inner voice that you can hear quietly in your mind. (Not the loud voice that rationalizes everything... the quiet one.) Think of the relief of a hot shower as pulsing water covers your body and you let go of tension and worry.  Same with the Sweet Spirit falling upon you.  Allow it to wash over you as that shower does... pushing out of your mind the things that fog it up and create the worry.  Now, what can you be doing to help someone else out of their state of tension or worry? 

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist, Laurie Pace


For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.  Matthew 25:36-36   

But you will love reading the full parable of the sheep and the goats. Click here. 

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace