Friday, June 1, 2012

The Dark, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Lightening and thunder have awakened us nightly with the storms moving through Texas.  We welcome the rain after the year of drought and wish it would stay.  


When I spoke with Stacey this morning she shared a story about Lady L from last night's storms.  The thunder was beginning to role and the lights at their house flickered.  The tenacious three year old ran to her mom...."Jesus protect me from the dark?"
Stacey reassured her and that seemed to do the trick. 




With the next bolt of lightening and again flickering of lights, Lady L looked up at her mom and said, "Jesus protects Jordan from the dark too."


Jordan is her buddy across the street. In her innocent mind Jesus protects us all and she accepts it without question. Can you?


Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4




If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
   even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.  Psalm 139:11-13

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace