Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Speechless... Words of my heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace



My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory!  
Psalm 71:8


Sometimes while reading the advent story and lighting our candles things stick in my mind a bit longer as I reflect on them from a different perspective. We just read about Zachariah being confronted in the temple that Elisabeth would have a child and in disbelief he asked the Angel to have God give him a sign so he could be assured of the truth of this prophecy.   I could hear my father-in-law Ben laughing at me saying, "Be careful what you ask for."

God sent a sign... he struck Zachariah speechless until after the birth of his son, John the Baptist. 

Is this true for us today?  We seem to often doubt God's words of promise to us and in the true sense are we not "unable to speak" because we do not trust? Are you giving your life and service to Him, surrendering all to put yourself in His hands and be apart of His plan?  In the smallest ways sometimes we make the biggest contributions.

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace









No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace