Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting for the Right Moment, Words of my Heart shared by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Waiting for the Moment

I heard my grandmother tell me all the time, "Watched pots do not boil."

My husband tells me a savvy marksman does not waste ammunition... he waits for the right shot. It is for the maximum effect... to wait and strike when the time is right.

Many of us get up in the morning with our brains on overdrive for the day and a list of things to accomplish. Despite our well laid intentions, we never hit the mark one hundred percent.  We are pushing our limits and not hitting the mark.

Wait upon the Lord. You are far more important to Him to use up your talents and time wastefully running in circles.  You literally make too much work for yourself when you do that.

Be patient and abide in Him. He is preparing you for the best things because you are precious to Him.  Your talents are given to use to serve others, not yourself.  He will direct you accordingly, but you must wait on Him to show you the way. Have faith in His timing.

Words of my heart,
Laurie

"In the Shadow of His hand He has concealed me; and He has also made me a select arrow. He has hidden me in His quiver." Isaiah 49:2

"As for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, "you are my God' My times are in Your hand." Psalm 31:14-15

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace