Friday, September 30, 2011

STAYING QUIET by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Staying Quiet

For some reason last night, I was in a foul mood last night.  Rare but easily understood with outside stress and news of loved ones struggling.  I never got to that ranting point, or slamming cabinet doors...but the voices in my head struggled with the "I, poor me, and the what if" syndrome.





My brain was not racing but it definitely was not on a straight path of thinking.

It was just hitting sunset as I began to pace the floors inside.

I escaped outside with my camera.









 The sun was dropping rapidly through the trees setting across the lake.

The water shimmered in brilliant gold and still I could not see the 'fire' on the water, the trees were in the way.

I could glimpse the ball of the sun still above the treeline...but not the reflections on the water.


 It set quickly as the clouds gathered above me kissing the sun good night.

My mind was still churning in thoughts between the clicking of the shutter...

I was still not sure what had drawn me outside.

The I saw it.  Less than a week ago I had pruned back my roses.  They had grown long and limp with the heat of September.  With all the traveling in and out of Dallas they had been neglected.

I looked down and realized the pruning had forced the new growth that will eventually bear fall blooms for the garden.

I came back inside and put the camera up till this morning.  I went into the bedroom and changed into my pjs and gathered my favorite book and climbed into bed.   I realized then all the crazy thoughts in my mind were spinning into a monster I did not need in m life.  Bitterness and anger accomplish little. I remember the trees that kept me from seeing the power of the sunset. The Power of Him. Those trees were the same as all the racketing noise in my head keeping me from Him.

The pruned roses were the second perfect message.  I had to cut or prune out of my mind the non-useful garbage, for as long as it was there, nothing good and new could grow.

Ridding myself of the negativity...  not thinking for one moment about anything else happening around me or to me or to those I love.  Emptying my mind to hearing the sound of my own heart beating and allowing HIS peace to fill me.  Staying Quiet and waiting.  As I did, the frustrated anger left my mind and the peace that replaced it was profound.  Can I do this anytime? I hope so because I was totally amazed that it had worked.

Take out the garbage inside of you.

We have the power to be free from fleshly anxieties. We can have the peace that surpasses all understanding.  We simply need to make our requests known to our Father.

Laurie


Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."




No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace