Thursday, December 20, 2012

Be His Today...Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Let the Lord enter; he is the king of glory. 
Psalm 24:1-2



I have often heard many pregnant women feel like their body has been 'taken' over by the little one growing inside. I loved being pregnant and glowed the entire time (three times) never even thinking about it, just being excited and thankful.  We have another grand-baby due to arrive in the early spring and watching my daughter-in-law change with her first pregnancy has been like watching a flower bloom. 

So when I was reading about Mary becoming the 'temple of God's Word' carrying Jesus the Son of God, I begin to realize the fullness of her commitment and trust in our Father. As an unmarried woman, to agree to carry and nurture this child conceived by the Holy Spirit, she was leaving herself wide open to many horrendous bad 'endings' to life as she knew it. 

Could you seriously put yourself in God's hands KNOWING you would be placing yourself in a tenuous situation that would most assuredly bring condemnation to you and your family?  I do not believe he is asking anything near as serious as Mary took on... so try this day to place your day, just this one day to begin with, in God's hands. Be His today. 

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace