Tuesday, October 2, 2012

When People Insult You, Words of my heart, Texas Artist Laurie Pace


““Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”  Matthew 5:22-12


My Father always spoke about integrity. 
My Mother always spoke of loving and finding 
good in everyone you meet in life.  

Combining all the many teachings together, I have learned the simplicity of "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never harm me."    

Dad said 'Always take the higher ground' and do not lower yourself to the level of response that is not respectful or in love or part of how God would want you to respond.  Often we are faced with constant digs by friends or family that find fault with everything you do or say.  The fault does not lie in you. Somewhere deep inside of them rages something you cannot see. It pushes them to want to see others hurt like they hurt.  The hard part is letting it go and forgiving. Then placing their hurtful words at the foot of the cross, finding that good you know is inside of them as a child of God, and praying for them in love, blessing them with God's grace that they may find comfort and joy where they are.  

Stand with God and rejoice in His faithfulness for each of us.

Words of my Heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace