Friday, March 30, 2012

Unfinished Heart, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Unfinished Heart


Younger years without fears
Strongly striking out the way that pulled
Attitude making the difference.
Only to realize I was fooled.


Taking hits from wrong decisions
Emotional devastation taking me apart
Backtracking from stepping off the path
Always finishing completely with heart.


Or was I?


Experience has chipped away from my heart
Slowly with little pieces bit by bit.
As I grew and found my way back to God
He helped restore the broken pieces where they fit.


My heart is whole again with His peace
that passeth all understanding for you and me.
It beats still as an unfinished heart but
With room to grow from God you see. 


He has much more for me to learn
as I wake each day in my earthly walk.
He has much more for me to do this day
As He shared in our early morning talk.


My unfinished heart yet beating strong 
Taking this day one step at a time
Knowing He walks with me ....
As I build up strength to make the climb.


Words of my Heart, Laurie


" Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; 
for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." Psalm 95:6-7




No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace