Monday, March 19, 2012

The Jo in Joy, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

The Jo in Joy

You can feel her joy before Jo even walks into a room.  She brings a loving smile, a full laugh and always a positive outlook on everything in life.  I have been blessed with knowing her only two years and she still takes my breath away with her joyful nature and her enfolding love for God and for everyone she knows.


She and her husband Tony are celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary and this past weekend was filled with the complete joy of family and friends honoring this time in their lives.

Jo lives in my neighborhood here at the lake.  Her home, yard and life embrace their happiness and joy in life. They both celebrate the gifts provided and Jo shares some of that with our church choir.

Like all of us, they have faced many challenges in life with health and family. They stay the course with their faith and their positive attitude, always thinking of others first.

What made me write this to share it with you? I was walking last week on Friday and she and Tony whizzed by me in their van heading for the clubhouse. They were preparing for the party on Saturday.  Jo had the window down and a big smile splashed across her face singing out a joyful good morning to me.  What a blessed way to start my day.

We all need more Jo's in our lives... and I am blessed to have one as my neighbor. God is good and Jo is joyful sharing that in life. Thank you God, and thank you Jo.... Joy... it is all from God.

Words of my heart,
Laurie

"Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!" Psalm 98:4



No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace