Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Linen Cloth, Words from my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


The Linen Cloth   by Laurie Justus Pace

The linen cloth tied round his waist
to catch the filth from my journey's haste,
He knelt before me basin at his side -
Water mixed with tears as he knew what I would hide.



His assurance softly spoken that I was a part of Him
Though through the battle growing in my mind the light seemed very dim.
The candle's glow softly outlined the crown of his bent dark head,
as His hands gently washed my feet I thought of what He said.


"Unless I wash you, you have no part with me"
So calmly spoken in my ear but more for open eyes to see.
He knew I would betray Him and He knew I was not clean,
yet here He was before me and His words did not demean.

"Do you know why I have done this for each of you this night?
For you to do for others with humility forthright."
"You will be blessed if you commit yourself to serve,
my Word is through life and giving and not just things observed."



It was not long after I saw him with His body packed with spice
Linen cloths tied round him I knew He had paid the price.
The price of for all my hidden deeds
the height and depth of all my needs...
They all were laid to rest in His death upon the cross
My Teacher and my Master I cannot allow the loss.


"Do you know why I have done this for each of you this night?
For you to do for others with humility forthright."
"You will be blessed if you commit yourself to serve,
my Word is through life and giving and not just things observed."  Lpace 3/7/2012

Words of my heart,
Laurie

" Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace