Friday, November 4, 2011

Times of Illness, Word of the Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Times of Illness

Reminders daily of friends and family that fight illness fill my prayer list.

Some of you know that my summer and early fall has been challenging for both Terry and I, as I experienced a chronic health issue flaring up that literally leaves me tired, unable to do much and eventually depressed.

While I was wading through this flare up at the same time I continued to pray for so many others battling cancer, back problems requiring surgery, colon issues,  pneumonia, and even death. Illness surround us in this life.

When we fall ill and weakness takes over we have to remember that the illness does not rob us of our spiritual strength, only our physical strength.

There is no superhero, only God that can walk this journey and pull each of us up to find the best in the day.  Some people might question that you brought illness on yourself or that you are spiritually weak so God brought it on to you as punishment.

I cannot believe that. While I do believe I aggravate my health with irresponsible choices and avoidance of using the words, "NO I CANNOT.", I feel that God will walk through this time with me and it is a time for my spiritual strength to grow to "super hero sizes".  I must wait upon the Lord for His Healing and continue to deepen my relationship with Him. 

All challenges in life are a positive sign of spiritual growth and result in spiritual strength.  This prepares us for what is ahead.

Are you a team player in times of illness and trouble?  That is why we need to surround ourselves with a support group of believers.  They will keep you lifted up when you cannot.

Words from my heart,

Laurie

"The prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up.… The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective." --James 5:15, 16




No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace