Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Animals will teach you, Words of my Heart, Texas Artist Laurie Pace


"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;  Job 12:7

From Job... and I love the reference I found that rephrased it for simple reading. If you have followed the story of Job, God and Satan are playing a game of chess with Job's life.  God believes Job will stay the course of faith and Satan believes he can bring calamity into Job's life and cause Job to curse God and turn away.  Job's friends come to comfort him after he has lost his home, his children, his family, and all of his belongings. You know how it is when your friends jump in with their advice to guide you. It is always not the best advice.


"Why tell ye me that the Almighty hath brought this calamity upon me? Every thing in nature, the beasts of the field, the fowls of the heaven, every inhabitant of earth and sea, and every thing that befalls them, are the work of his hands; and every thing feels and acknowledges him to be the universal Creator and Controller. It is the common doctrine of all nature; but to apply it as ye would apply it to me, and to assert that I am suffering from being guilty of hypocrisy, is equally impertinent. He ordains every thing in wisdom as well as in power; but why events happen as they happen, why good and evil are promiscuously scattered throughout nature or human life, ye are as ignorant of as myself."

Thoughts of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace