Saturday, October 20, 2012

Great Grandfather's wedding, Words of my Heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
Psalm 143:8

I think from the date on the picture this is my great grandfather August Wilhelms at his wedding in Illinois across the river from St Louis in 1900. They had two daughters, Lorena and Hilda. Lorena was my grandmother on my Dad's side.  I started putting together an album or photo book of wedding pictures from our family.  I was surprised when I found this in an envelope from my father's only living sibling, my Aunt Ruth in Florida.   

I hope future days allows me to trace some of my ancestors back as my second major in college was history. August Wilhelms in the photo above bears a strong resemblance to  my brother Kirk and my sons, Justin and Morgan. That is what I love seeing, the connection between the generations and the families.

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace



No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace