Monday, September 19, 2011

What Comes First


First thing on the mind ... when you wake?
Morning meetings or carpool for school
Maybe emails you have to remember to send off.


Finish painting today in the kitchen.
Next clean out the cabinets,
but first don't forget to start the dishwasher.
And move the wet clothes to the dryer.




Lives filled with busy.  That is all God hears is the 'busy' signal.


My life has been beating around the paint brush and constant pressures associated with 'having to paint'.  Painting begins to lose its soul when it is not begun with God first in the creative process.


Would that not be the same with our lives every day? Putting God first would ensure a quality day.  With all the power and might of His love and grace infused with His wisdom and strength...He is present everywhere all the time. He is the source.  Why would you want to begin the day without Him with you as you greet the day?




Help me this day to open my inner self to Jesus.
Help me to release all of my day to Him.


Help me witness where I am in my life with Him.


Abiding in Him. 


Laurie
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Love the heading here and of course, Tink painting is too adorable forewords.

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace