Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lack of Sleep by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Too Sleepy

Last night was void of sleep.

There were no 'worries' or squirrels... I simply went to bed late after the Cowboy game and woke up by 3:30 this morning. 


I prayed for friends and family; I sang praise songs in my brain; I did deep breathing exercises.   Then it was 4:30.






I got up then and took one Tylenol and drank some water.  Still no worries but a little tired. I knew for sure I would be back to sleep.

But I did not.

The clock showed 5:45 when I finally gave up and flipped open my ipad and started watching Heartland via Netflix.



Showered at 7 and here I am at 9 so sleepy as I type, I know I will be napping shortly.   I am not always clear about God's plans for me...but obviously I was to be awake.

I didn't solve any problems because I was not tangled or captured by any. Usually it is conflict in my brain keeping me awake.

We all have nights like this, so this day I will continue to put in His hands without expectations and know He will show me the way.

Laurie

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me." Psalm 31:3


No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace